SENIOR SAVINGS IN THE NEW YEARJan 3rd, 2012 | By Sharon Shaw Elrod MSW EdD | Category: Senior Finances
Seniors Save with Internet Resources
There are a variety of Internet websites that offer assistance to senior citizens looking to make their retirement dollars stretch as far as possible. SCJ did a search this week for sites that offer coupons targeted to senior citizens. Here’s what we found:
- A full products and services directory offered by AARP for offers and discounts related to health and welfare, discounts, travel and financial needs;
- ShopAtHome.com offering free online coupons, grocery coupons, cash back rewards, free samples, restaurant coupons and contests. This site boasts it is unique from other sites because it gives cash back to shoppers for purchases made through the online shopping cart;
- free-stuff daily.com is a funky site that provides a daily email if you subscribe; the email contains all sorts of free stuff that is available online; clicking on the links in the email gets you to the pages you want to review for deals and coupons;
- TheFreeDeal.com has coupons and deals galore, in a one-stop-shopping venue. As with other sites cited, the focus is on what is free.
- AbsolutelyFreebies.com not only offers coupons, but there is also information about contests and sweepstakes on this site. You will find everything free here.
Use Your Search Engine
Seniors are encouraged to use your search engine to find coupons and deals and freebies online. Just type in something like “free coupons” or “free deals and coupons” and you will likely find what SCJ discovered, that is over 600,000 links popped up within a few seconds. So the deals are out there. All you need to do is click on the links in the paragraph above, or do your own search if you are looking for a particular kind of discounted or free item.
The Internet is your friend! Use your computer and learn about all the possibilities in cyberspace.